Thursday, August 9, 2012

Out of the Box

A fall card for the challenge at Case Study to "Think Out of the Box."
I am also entering at A Passion for Papertrey, the challenge is "Take Your Pick."
I did a few things that I rarely do.  
First, I remembered to score the card; I always think it adds to a card
and is so simple, yet usually forget.  Second, I did not make it an A-2 size.
Lastly, I tried something new; perhaps a new technique.  
I wanted several colors on my leaves, yet did not want them to be watercolored. 
On my previous post I wanted the leaves to be subtle, since it fit the challenge.
However, I wanted to try brighter colors, so I used my Mister Huey sprays
to create a background, and then die cut them.





Supplies ~
Paper:  PTI White, Strathmore Watercolor Cold Press
Ink:  Mister Huey sprays Sunshine, Boss Lady, Sunset & Leaf Green, SU Rich Razzleberry
Dies:  PTI Leaf Prints

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jean

9 comments:

  1. Okay, I've never heard of Mister Huey sprays, but I think you have made an extraordinary card, Jean, and I'm checking those out! Those splattered and spotted leaves look TOTALLY real!! Way to inspire and use your noggin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those leaves came out perfectly - hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fantastic technique! The leaves look so life-like, a stunning work! Thanks for joining us for the Anniversary celebrations at CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colouring on these leaves too! The dark spots are a master stroke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card! Love the colors on those leaves - you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous spritzing!!! I love that technique! You've got me wanting autumn to come sooner rather than later!
    Thanks for thinking outside the box with us at CASE Study this week! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, my, what a stunning technique! Those leaves are amazing! Thanks for helping us celebrate our 2nd Anniversary over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your leaves are so beautiful! I will have to remember that technique on my fall cards. The colors really pop on the white base. Thanks for joining in the celebration at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete