Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Catching Up

A card for the newest challenge at CASology
for the cue word "night."
I like the idea for this card, but it didn't
turn out quite as I imagined it might.
Guess I'll have to have another try ;).
 I actually like this card much better,
 that I made for the sky challenge at CASology.







Supplies ~
Stamps:  WPlus 9 Guiding Light Sentiments
Paper:  PTI Enchanted Evening, Lemon Tart, & Blueberry Sky Pattern Pack; SU Soft Suede
Ink:  Versamark Dazzle
Dies:  PTI Edgers # 3 (for the curtains), Spellbinders Rectangles
Additional Supplies:  PTI Woodgrain Impression Plate, Judi Kins Gold Metallic Gold Embossing Powder

I have only missed two of the challenges at CASology, 
and this post will rectify that.  Of course, they are past the deadline.
I had started both of them before the deadline,
but health issues and required overtime got in the way.
The first one is for the cue word "White."
There were many gorgeous entries, but I took a different approach.
I thought of a mummy ;).
I tore masking tape and did some sponging for the background.
I am also entering this one into the challenge at 
Simon Says Stamp to use die cuts.




  
Supplies ~ 
Stamps:  PTI Halloween Treats & Sweets, Mummy from the dollar bin at Michaels
Paper:  PTI White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black & Ranger Tea Dye Distress Ink
Dies:  PTI Mat Stack 1 & Layerz Mat Stack 1
Additional Supplies:  PTI Linen Impression Plate

The second challenge I missed was for the cue "Zoo."
It's for my son who LOVES snakes.




Supplies ~
Stamps: Fiskars Creepy Crawly & PTI 2009 Halloween Tags
Paper:  PTI White
Ink:  SU Green Galore, Elegant Eggplant & Pumpkin Pie
Additional Supplies:  Rhinestones - LCS


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jean

9 comments:

  1. Jean your NIGHT challenge card is so thoughtful and even though past the deadline you rocked the WHITE and ZOO challenge. It is always a pleasure to see your cards. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean I've got to know it that skeleton a clear stamp or a rubber stamp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a rubber stamp, and it was only a dollar ;).

      Delete
  3. I'm laughing out loud at your crazy snakes! Love the bright colours. Great background on the white mummy card! And a wonderful sentiment illustrated perfectly with your window in the wooden frame. Thanks for joining the white, night, CASology zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made 3 really great CAS style cards! The first one really caught my eye due to the lovely blue color of the card base and the original design. I think the window is such a nice detail, perfect for your choice of sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, where to start, Jean! First I think I'll start by thanking you for the sweet congrats on my site! And for the head's up about Washi Tape. Too late! I got a free roll with some order once and Adam loves it, so I ordered some from Simon a few weeks ago. I haven't actually touched them myself yet and now that you've warned me, I may just leave them for Adam. Not!

    Okay, LOVE the snake card! Even tho snakes are EW, your's are so bright and almost friendly looking. LOVE the mummy for the white! What a dang shame you didn't get a chance to post either of these.

    Night is a hard cue word. With office work the next couple of weeks, I don't know if I'll get to play and I hate to miss one. Have to think on that. I love your sweet take on it, but I was thinking ... I hope it's not out of line to say I'd love to see your little curtains with some kind of sash or tie-back. Like I'm a designer, LOL!!

    I do agree with you about your first "night" card for sky. OMG, that will always remain one of my faves forever! Why not make another one if you feel up to it, with the "leave a light on (being the star?)" sentiment? It's such a great one.

    Okay, have I kept you from doing anything? Dinner? Bed? Hahaha. I'm punchy - just got home from work. I hope your health issues have abated, hon ... hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you missed the white & zoo challenges! Your cards are fab...especially that snake one...LOVE it!!!

    Your little window scene card is so sweet! I really like the sentiment you paired with it. That particular sentiment always makes me think of Motel 6! LOL!

    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on this week's cue! The warm light and windows look so inviting on a dark night. :) And thanks for playing along with the other challenges. That mummy is super cute! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your take on this week's cue word is so inspired, jean!! and your cards for the two weeks you missed are absolutely fabulous!! love that mummy!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology each week!

    ReplyDelete