Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cheating ... maybe?

I am finally catching up on my challenges.  This card is for ColourQ and Freshly Made Sketches.
I knew I had paper, with most of the colors for the challenge on it, so I was able to pull in all of the colors, except for the burgundy.  These colors are WAY out of my comfort zone.  It feels a little like cheating, since I did not figure out how to get all of the colors on the card without the patterned paper. I also had so much fun with the glitter die cut accent earlier today, that I am entering one more card into this week's Make it Monday with Heather.

 


 
I usually rotate the sketch, and did again this week.  I also made it into a standard 4 1/4 by 5 1/2. 



Supplies ~
Stamps:  PTI Think Big Favorites # 1
Paper:  SU Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Very Vanilla: DCWV Mariposa Matstack
Ink:  SU Bravo Burgundy
Dies:  PTI Flower Fusion # 3, Mat Stack 1 & Layerz Mat Stack 1
Additional Supplies:  Art Institute Glitter Palo Verde (161) & Pumpkin (56) (I tried to use Coral 
     Reef # 142, but out of the container looked more pink than coral)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Jean

7 comments:

  1. Oh, patterned paper isn't cheating!! No way...just using your resources wisely! What a pretty card this is. Love that butterfly paper. Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean your card is great. I don't think using patterned paper is cheating at all. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean I love your butterfly patterned paper. Beautiful. You should enter this card into this weeks Make It Monday at Papertrey, glitter die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, Jean, love the butterfly paper! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean this is a great card! Love the printed paper and then how the glittered flowers match the color! Nice work, I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, love the paper and the glitter! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Talk about inspiration! I have that same paper! Thanks so much for a great card CASE idea!

    ReplyDelete