Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Wrestling Card & Update

The timing for Erin's computer generated sentiments on die cuts for this week's Make it Monday technique was just perfect.  I needed to make a thank you card for my son's wrestling coach.  The banquet was today.  The thank you card is similar to this card.  Of course, I only have two wrestling stamps, so all of the wrestling cards I make will be similar.  The colors are based on the team colors for the Sussex Sabercats.

Make It Monday #59: Computer Generated Sentiments on Die Cuts

Every now and then, you'll likely want to create your own sentiments and personalized messages for your paper crafting projects. Let Erin Lincoln show you how to do that easily and without fuss, while at the same time getting computer generated text perfectly positioned on your die cuts. It's a great technique to add to your crafting arsenal.

I also made the background paper for the card.  The REALLY impressive thing is I actually know what all of the terms mean!  I learned a lot during my son's first wrestling season.   Initially the words were a medium navy color, but that seemed to be too bold for the background of the card.  So, I changed the words to a light gray.





My son had his last tournament on March 4th, and took second.  For the season he had four first place wins, one second, two thirds and one sixth place finish.  He loves wrestling and plans to continue.  It's really tough to watch sometimes.  If there are any wrestling Moms out there with advice on how to watch your son get beat up and /or beat up another kid, I would really appreciate it.  In wrestling its just two kids each trying to win, as opposed to all of the team sports that don't seem nearly so personal.  I am going to have to get tougher to continue to watch him wrestle :~).





Supplies ~ 
Stamps: The Stampin' Place ~ Wrestlers E1175 & E1176 
Paper:  SU Whisper White, Night of Navy, Summer Sun 
Ink: SU Night of Navy & computer generated
Dies & Punches: PTI Double-Ended Banners, SU 1 3/4" Circle Punch 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Jean

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment